Iridium Time Set-March 2015
Follow the instructions below to update the time settings of your Iridium 9505A, 9555 & Iridium Extreme due to the Iridium network time change/re-epoch. The Iridium GO! will handle the time change automatically.
Note: For Iridium Satellite Phone users, the planned epoch time change on March 3, 2015 will have no impact to service availability and the ability to successfully complete phone calls, SMS messages, or establish data services. However, the displayed time and date will revert to December 29, 2007, 7:26:29 UTC and will progress on this baseline until phone settings are adjusted to the new Iridium epoch time.
Please be advised, these instructions should completed after March 3, 2015 in order to display the correct date and time.
Solution: Restore Time Settings for Iridium 9555 & Iridium Extreme
1. Dial *#99#2014051114235500#
2. Press the green key
3. Power handset off
4. Power handset on
5. Allow handset to register to the network
6. Handset will now display the correct time
Solution: Restore Time Settings for Iridium 9505A
1. Press Menu
2. Scroll to Phone Setup and press OK
3. Scroll to Set Time and Date and press OK
4. Enter the current time in 24hr format and press OK
5. Enter the current date (dd/mm/yy) and press OK
6. Press and hold the C button to exit the menu